Popular Baccarat Variations at Online Casinos in NZ
The best online casinos identified by Casinobee have a vast library with the most played baccarat variants. They will provide you with top casino games from industry-leading software providers. From Mini Baccarat tables to European baccarat options, there’s something for every Kiwi player. The available baccarat variations usually come with various betting limits to meet the needs of different players. And the action can be fast-paced or slow depending on the selected baccarat game. In most cases, you will play baccarat games inspired by Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de Fer, or Baccarat Banque.
- Punto Banco is the classic option when it comes to online baccarat games. You will find it on almost every baccarat gambling site and in land-based casinos in the US, Australia, Macau, the UK, and other popular gambling destinations. The traditional version is played with six standard decks of 52 cards. Players place bets against the banker or dealer.
- Baccarat Chemin de Fer is extremely popular in France and other European countries. This variant is played on a large table with six decks of playing cards in most cases. What makes it different from Punto Banco is that players are allowed to bet against each other. The player who acts as the banker places the first bet, which is the highest amount they can risk, and other players have to place wagers without exceeding the banker’s bet amount.
- Baccarat Banque is usually played with three decks of cards and is widely popular in European casinos. One player assumes the role of the banker at the beginning of the game. The player who acts as the banker maintains that position unless they decide to give up or run out of funds.
- As the name suggests, Mini Baccarat is a simplified version of baccarat. It’s a fast-paced table game with the same rules and goals as regular baccarat games inspired by Punto Banco. This variant is characterised by low bet limits and fewer players at land-based casino tables.
Live Dealer Baccarat Games
The best casinos in New Zealand will bring you closer to a land-based casino experience by offering live dealer games. Simply put, live dealer baccarat is played against real croupiers who shuffle and deal the cards. Everything happens in a physical studio environment, with HD cameras streaming the action over the internet so you can watch and play at home.
Some of the most popular live baccarat games you can play online include Baccarat Squeeze, Lightning Baccarat, and Salon Prive by Evolution Gaming. Another great version is No Commission Baccarat, which does not have the 5% commission paid on banker wins in most variants.
Online Baccarat Casino Rules You Should Know
- Four, six, or eight decks of standard playing cards can be used in online baccarat.
- The objective is to get a hand that’s close to 9.
- Cards 2 to 9 are worth their face value.
- Jack, Queen, King, and 10 are worth zero points.
- Both the player and bank receive two cards each at the beginning of a baccarat game.
- Only the last digit counts if the hand total is 10 or more.
- Players bet on the player’s side, the banker’s side, or a tie (the same hand value).
- Player and banker bets pay 1:1.
- The player pays a 5% commission if a banker bet wins.
- Tie bets pay 8:1 or 9:1 depending on the game or casino.
- A natural occurs if the first two cards add up to 8 or 9, which is an instant win for the player or banker bet.
- A player can draw or hit (get the third card) if the first two cards add up to 5 or less.
- The player stands if the hand value is 6 or 7.
The banker’s third card rules are as follows:
- The banker always gets a third card if the hand total is 2 or less.
- If the banker’s hand total is 3, the banker draws a third card except when the player’s third card is 8.
- If the banker’s hand value is 4, the banker draws another card if the player’s third card is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the banker’s hand total is 5, a third card is dealt if the player’s third card is 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the banker has a hand total of 6, a third card is only drawn if the player’s third card is 6 or 7.
Bonuses You Can Claim at Baccarat Casinos in NZ
If you choose to play online baccarat, the best casinos in New Zealand will offer you a bonus. We are talking about casino bonuses that you will not find in a land-based casino. These promotions may feature bonus funds or bonus spins. The latter bonus is commonly known as a free spins offer and is awarded on slot games. For the bonus funds, you can use them to play different types of games, including baccarat games and other table games.
Playing online baccarat with a casino bonus is advantageous in numerous ways. For example, you will get bonus money that allows you to play without risking your hard-earned cash. This means that you don’t need to worry about losing a lot of money to the casino. If you receive a no deposit bonus, you only need to create an account and grab the offer without depositing.
You must keep in mind that all bonus offers have terms and conditions (T&C) that must be met before cashing out. These include wagering requirements, maximum win limits, expiry dates, and cash-out limits. With that said, let’s look at the most common baccarat bonuses in NZ.
Baccarat Casino Welcome Bonus For New Players
A match deposit bonus is the most common welcome offer you can use to play a casino game after signing up. For instance, you will find many NZ casinos offering a 100% first deposit bonus up to a certain amount. Many operators also combine the offer with free spins to make it more enticing. You should check the promotions page to establish if the welcome offer has bonus money that you can use to play baccarat games.
No Deposit Baccarat Casino Bonus
Many players think that real money baccarat gambling needs a deposit if a gambler wishes to play with a bonus. Well, those players will be surprised to realise that some of the leading casino sites offer no deposit bonuses to players. In this case, the casino operator does not require you to provide a minimum deposit. This makes playing baccarat online more exciting if you want to test new games or the latest casinos without spending your own money. The only issue is that no deposit casino bonuses are generally not as big as deposit bonuses. And the bonus T&Cs are most likely to be strict.
Cashback Bonuses for Baccarat Players
The best baccarat casinos in New Zealand will sympathise with you if you lose. They will not refund everything, but you can get 10% to 30% of your losses back. Such a promotion is what we call a cashback bonus in the gambling world. Let’s say you’ve lost $100 playing baccarat and the casino offers a 10% weekly cashback bonus. Here, you will get $10 back at the end of the week. So, you can keep betting without making another deposit.
Reload Bonuses at Baccarat Online Casinos
Many online casinos offer deposit bonuses beyond the welcome bonus. These promotions are known as reload bonuses, and you can use them to win real money as you play baccarat games in NZ casinos. Once your welcome offer is finished, you just need to deposit more money into your account to collect a reload bonus. The offer could be a matched deposit bonus, but the percentage bonus is unlikely to be as high as a matched welcome bonus.
VIP and Loyalty Offers
Online baccarat players who deposit and play often will not go unnoticed. The top online casino sites in NZ will try to retain them with more exciting promotions. Many of our listed casinos have VIP and loyalty rewards that you may use on a baccarat game. But it’s important to first establish if there are specific bonuses you can use to play baccarat games.
If there’s a VIP scheme, you will get more lucrative bonuses with better T&Cs by reaching the highest levels. For the loyalty programme, you accumulate points by playing real-money baccarat and other games. You can then redeem your loyalty points for awesome prizes.