Slot Features Free Spins, Special Expanding Symbols
Release Date July 11, 2014
Game Provider: Play’n GO
Slot Type Video Slot
Reels, Rows 5, 3
Bet Levels NZ$0.01 - NZ$100
Scatter Symbol Yes
Wild Symbol Yes
Bonus Game No
Free Spins 150
Return to player 96 %
Strategy & Tips to Play Book of Dead Slot
Ideally, there’s nothing you can do to influence the outcome of the Book of Dead. However, you can improve your chances of winning significantly by making the right decisions like the following:
- Play as many demo games as you can to understand how the game works.
- If you decide to play with real money, make sure you set a budget and do not exceed it.
- Play with as many paylines as you can afford. The more paylines, the better your chances for big wins.
- Ensure you play with a casino that is registered.
As you move around the ancient sand pyramids of Egypt, ensure you grab unlimited spins for yourself. There is also a special expanding symbol and other fascinating bonuses to boost your earnings to up to 5000x. Read on, and let’s show you what makes this pokie very famous amongst punters in New Zealand at the moment.
Theme, Design, and How to Play Book of Dead Slot
From the name, you can quickly see this is an Egyptian-themed pokie. When the game starts, you will first meet Anubis and Osiris. After that, you will step into the limelight, where you will see the reels set in what looks like a burial chamber. Don’t worry. There is nothing to be scared of—the scene looks and adds some fun to the entire experience good instead of scary.
To play the game, you can follow these easy steps:
- First, select the number of paylines you wish to play with between 1 and 10.
- Next, choose the value of coins you wish to stake per line. The minimum allowed is $0.1. With that, you have a bet range of 10 cents to 100 dollars.
- Select the spin button to set things rolling for one round, or you can use the Autoplay to spin the reels for 20 to 100 rounds automatically.
- To win, you must have 3 or more matching symbols landing across any of the 10 paylines of the game from the left side.
Book of Dead Slot Features
The Book of Dead offers only 1 bonus feature for New Zealand players: the free spins feature. We will discuss the free spins feature in detail in the course of this review.
The Book Symbol
The Book of Dead has a unique symbol called The Book because it acts both as the Wild and Scatter symbol. Considering it as the wild symbol, it can replace any other symbol on the reel and form winning combinations. As the scatter symbol, it is triggering the Free Spins in the game.
Paytable and Other Bonus Symbols
The Book of Dead has 10 symbols on its reels. Amongst them, 9 are familiar characters and 1 special symbol, as you have read earlier. These 9 are further divided into two groups, the high-paying symbols that fit the theme perfectly and card symbols. Below is the paytable when you match at least 3 symbols on any of the paylines summaries:
- Rich Wilde pays 500x, 100x, 10x, or 1x for a combination of 2, 3, 4, or 5 symbols on a payline.
- Osiris pays 200x, 40x, 4x, or 0.5x for a combination of 2, 3, 4, or 5 symbols on a payline.
- Anubis or Horus will pay 75x, 10x, 3x, or 0.5x for a combination of 2, 3, 4, or 5 symbols on a payline.
- Card symbols K or A will pay 15x, 4x, or 0.5x for a combination of 3, 4, or 5 symbols on a payline.
- Card symbols Q, J, or A will pay 10x, 2.5x, or 0.5x for a combination of 3, 4, or 5 symbols on a payline.
Book of Dead Slot Free Spin
To start the free spins round, you need at least 3 characters appearing anywhere on the reels. Immediately, you get a payout worth 2x, 20x, 200x your stake and enter a chamber that gives you 10 Free Spins.
The game will choose a random symbol, which will act as the special expanding symbol. The more reels you cover with this special symbol, the more you win. The following are your potential earnings for filling all 5 reels with these symbols.
You get 10 additional free spins every time 3 Scatter symbols land on the reels as you play. The exciting part is, you can trigger as many free spins as possible with this feature.
Odds, RTP & Volatility
Book of Dead has an RTP of 96.1%, which is around average for most online pokies. Play’ n GO slots are generally high variance, and so is the Book of Dead. That means you will see more large wins but not at frequent intervals. Most of these significant wins will come in the free spins round when the expanding symbol fills the reels.
The more the value of the expanding symbol, the bigger the potential payout that you can expect. At maximum, the pokie will pay you 5,000x of your stake on every spin. That is if you fill all reels with the Rich Wilde character.
Book of Dead Slot Real Money and Free Play Online
The Book of Dead is available for free and for real money—it all depends on what you want. Both versions are the same, only that you cannot win money from the free plays. However, the free plays allow you to enjoy the game and learn new tricks without losing money.
When you are ready, click here to see our casinos list, where you can play the game in New Zealand without fear.
One of the beauties of this game is that you don’t need to download any software to play the game because it runs directly on browsers. You can play the game from your Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
Is the Book of Dead pokie available on Android?
Yes, you can play from your iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
What is the Book of Dead RTP?
The RTP for Book of Dead is 96.1%.
How many Free Spins can I get from the Book of Dead?
The beautiful part of this pokie is, its free spins are unlimited.
Other Slot Games
|Sakura Fortune||Quickspin||96.58 %||High|
|Divine Fortune||NetEnt||96.59 %||Medium-high|
|Jammin Jars||Push Gaming||96.83 %||Medium-high|
|Book of Ra||Novomatic||95 %||Medium|
|Mega Moolah||Microgaming||88.12 %||Low|
|9 Masks of Fire||Microgaming||96.24 %||Medium|
|Sweet Bonanza||Pragmatic Play||96.48 %||Medium-high|
|Wild Chapo 2||Relax Gaming||96.10 %||High|
|Mystery Kingdom: Mystery Bells||Wazdan||96.13 %||High|