We Kiwis and Aussies love our pokies. With nearly 200,000 games across the casino floor, not counting the online games, choosing the best titles can sometimes be a task. This is especially true if you’re trying to make the best use of a limited bankroll.
While numerous top developers like NetEnt, Aristocrat, and Microgaming offer large payouts to the high-rollers, there are plenty of games that you can enjoy without breaking the bank. Let’s take a look at the top five titles.
The 5 Most Popular Pokies to Play on a Budget
- Major Millions – From the house of Microgaming, Major Millions is a cartoon-themed title with progressive jackpots. The grand payout starts at $250,000 and goes all the way up to $1 million. Players need to accumulate 15 Major Millions symbol on the 15th reel to trigger the jackpot. And while you need a bit of luck for a favourable outcome, there are plenty of other rewards to be won along the way, including free spins and bonus games.
- Immortal Romance – It is another classic Microgaming title. If you like vampires, this one will surely intrigue you. Instead of basic pay lines, the game provides 243 winning combinations, which makes it much easier to strike a jackpot. Immortal Romance flaunts a 96.86% RTP and packs a ton of extra features like Wild Desire, which turns an entire reel into wilds. The game has four bonus rounds based on the four primary characters, and this adds an interesting twist to the gameplay.
- Mega Moolah – Perhaps the most recognizable title of recent times, Mega Moolah holds the reputation of producing dozens of millionaires in the past few years. Launched in 2009, the game is based on an African safari and features zebras, lions, elephants, and giraffes to keep up with the theme. The game managed to stand its ground quite well over time, thanks to the massive winning potential. Just ask Rawiri Pou from New Zealand, who won an astounding $10,144,395.82 back in June 2016.
- Planet of the Apes – A popular title from NetEnt, Planet of the Apes, is based on a popular movie series with the same name. The game combines the plot from the first two movies and offers players an exciting time as they proceed through the storyline. Planet of the Apes is packed with exciting bonuses and wilds, and these can be multiplied to increase the payout. With a 96.3% RTP, it’s not that difficult to see why fans go gaga over this one.
- Gonzo’s Quest – One of the most popular titles from NetEnt, Gonzo’s Quest is based on the life of popular conquistador Gonzo Pizzaro as he explores the ancient ruins of the Mayan kingdom. The game flaunts a 96% RTP along with a ton of exciting features like avalanche wilds that replaces the low-paying symbols with high-paying icons. The title also packs a ton of bonus features to help players on a budget like free spins, random multipliers, and a ton of wilds.