How Does an eCheck Casino Work?
Well, even though you now know the basics of how you can start your gambling journey with eCheck, one question might still loom – how do these casinos work exactly?
Before we uncover the casinos themselves, you need to have all the information you can get on the eCheck payment method itself. An electronic check allows you to make an online money transfer directly from your bank account to a casino’s bank account.
- This is a very similar payment method to a traditional paper check, but you need to send this one digitally. You might encounter Kiwis referring to eChecks like online checks, direct debits or internet checks, so don’t be confused by the terminology – they all mean the same thing.
- Therefore, you can send an eCheck directly through an online payment portal that will authorize the payment. Then, the casino will receive the eCheck and it will send a payment request to the ACH network, which will confirm that you have the funds in your bank account. After ACH network withdraw the money and send it over to the casino so you can start playing games for real money.
- Here, it is very important to distinguish between eChecks and ACH payments. eChecks are just a type of ACH payment, as they are processed by that network. However, be aware that not all ACH payments are eChecks, as they represent all payments made from one bank to another.
- So, now going to the casinos that accept eChecks. For them to be able to integrate eChecks among their payment methods, they need to work with a payment processor. That payment processor will facilitate each payment made in and out of the casino.
That is why we believe that any eCheck casino online is as safe as it gets. This is a traditional payment processing mechanism that oversees a transfer between one bank account to another, so it is necessary that the latest security features are implemented.
Deposits & Withdrawals at eCheck Casinos
You can rest assured that every time you online casino pay with echeck at our suggested sites, your bank account details will be completely secure and out of harm’s way. The only downside here is that transactions may take longer to process compared to some other payment methods like e-wallets or cryptocurrencies, but now one can argue the safety. Our tested casino operators have pretty much standard steps you need to follow when requesting a payout:
- Log in to your eCheck casino account
- Navigate to the Cashier section
- Choose Withdraw
- Select eCheck as your payment method
- Enter your bank account details
- Provide the sum you want to withdraw (it has to be above the minimum set by the online casino)
- Confirm the transaction!
Payout Times & Fees
One of the downsides of using eChecks for online casino payments is the speed of transactions. Usually, it takes around 3-7 business days for the ACH network to process the eCheck and deposit the money into your or the casino’s account.
The ACH network processes payment requests in batches instead of one by one, so it is a long process of verifying your bank information and performing the necessary security checks. That is the reason why it takes a few days for you to get your funds.Moreover, just like paper checks back in the day, eChecks are not processed on weekends and public holidays, so that may further make the process longer.
Hence, a positive factor that has contributed towards eChecks’ popularity and widespread usage is that it doesn’t impose big fees like some other payment methods do. You can even cancel your eCheck if you change your mind and your payment processor will always have their guidelines for that.
The Most Common Bonuses at eCheck Casinos
If you have followed us for some time now, you will have noticed that we rate bonuses and promotions at top-class sites very highly. If the bonus is a fair one (has acceptable terms and conditions), then it can be more than helpful in your quest for a big win at eCheck casinos in New Zealand.
Casinos have various marketing activities to attract new players from NZ to register, but we can all agree that promotions are the real deal for that. So, which are the most common bonus offers you can get at our suggested eCheck online casino eCheck sites? Let’s take a look.
We start with the most obvious category of promotions – welcome bonuses that are specially designed for newly registered players on the site. These offers usually have the most extensive terms and conditions with a common point for all of them being that you need to register, verify your account and then make your first deposit.
Free spins are very popular among Kiwis and online casinos know that, so don’t be surprised to see free spins packages being the most common promotion at our suggested sites. The number of free spins you get and the eligible games vary from one operator to another, but you can use free spins to generate some nice wins on your favourite online pokies. Keep in mind that free spins winnings are almost always subject to wagering requirements, so you won’t be able to withdraw your winnings straight away.
Have you had a tough week playing online pokies or other games where you thought that Lady Luck was completely against you? If that is the case, then you are sure to benefit from the cashback incentive that is commonly found in our list of the best online casino sites that accept eCheck. This is most commonly a weekly promotion and the best news is that some cashback offers don’t have wagering requirements attached.
Reload bonuses are very similar to deposit match welcome bonuses you get as a new player, but they can be more user-friendly in a way that they are more personalized. Reload bonuses can boost your bankroll and they can be part of your VIP program, which is even better – you get a completely personalized offer based on your gameplay.
If you have someone in mind who might be interested in playing games at your online casino with eCheck, then check whether the casino has a referral link that you can send over.If your friends register through the referral link, then you can claim an exclusive referral bonus that can be different for every operator. Keep in mind that apart from registering, your friend will need to deposit into their account and only after that, the bonus will be all yours.
High Roller Bonuses
Finally, we have high-roller bonuses that only apply to a specific group of casino punters. Most players that will register at our operators will be casual gamers, so they won’t be interested in a high-roller bonus, but if you are one of the latter, then we have some good news. High-roller bonuses usually have strict wagering requirements and minimum deposit limits, so if you are used to depositing more while gambling, this is the right offer for you.
Don’t Forget About the Terms and Conditions
Before we move on to other important aspects of eCheck casinos and claim bonuses and promotions, it is important to mention that every bonus has a set of terms and conditions you need to browse through.
In a nutshell, terms and conditions will specify the rules for you using the bonus, and some important points they contain include:
- Wagering requirements – for the casino to protect itself against bonus abuse, it will impose wagering requirements on its bonuses. It means that you will need to play through the bonus amount a certain number of times before you can make a withdrawal.
- Eligible games – not all games will be eligible for the promotion, especially if you claim a free spins offer. In that case, only certain online pokies will be eligible for the promotion.
- Game contribution – there will always be a list of games and their contributing percentage towards the wagering requirements.
- Duration – bonuses are not valid forever, so you will always have a predetermined time in which you will have to complete the wagering requirements. If you don’t succeed in that, then the casino will confiscate any winnings you have made so far.